Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spinoff focused on understanding human emotion. Our vision is that technology needs to sense, adapt and respond to nonverbal signals, not just commands. We are building emotional artificial intelligence (Emotion AI). Our original technology measures human emotion through sensing and analyzing facial expressions. Video production companies use this technology to determine how people react to their content. We provide these companies with insights to help them improve their content and target the demographics who are most impacted by the content.
As an Applications Engineer, you will hold a multi-faceted position gaining exposure to all technical aspects of our business. You will be responsible to manage operations, work with our existing data and technology, and develop product enhancements necessary to improve efficiencies for our customers.
- Manage client projects on day-to-day technical support needed
- Address e-mails from existing partners using a ticketing system
- Provide QA of new client integrations with Affdex and communicate solutions to end clients
- Assist Account Manager in custom data export and manipulation needs for reporting
- Turn custom solutions into standard application features via code, templates and processes
- Review customer issues first-hand and collaborate with the product development team to create timely, effective, and impactful product enhancements
- 0 – 2 years experience in Web-based application development
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take action on client issues with little support
- Ability/desire to learn new technologies
- Strong customer facing communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work with complex technical platform.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and communicate with others
Nice to have:
- AWS experience
- Python experience
- Familiarity with Machine Learning or Deep Learning
- Experience in the design and implementation of build/test/release infrastructure
- Experience video streaming
- Start Up Experience
Sc. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science, Engineering or equivalent experience. Experience with facial coding a plus