Emotion as a Service enables you to analyze human expressions of emotion simply and cost-effectively. Just record people expressing emotion and then send those videos, images or audio files to us to get powerful emotion metrics back. Emotion as a Service is highly accurate. There is no setup or integration required and you can use it on demand, whenever you need it.
Emotion as a Service is used in multiple ways:
- Market researchers use it to study facial and vocal expressions of emotion in qualitative testing
- Academic researchers use it to analyze their video and audio libraries
- Designers and product managers use it to visualize emotion metrics captured from their recorded video and audio
New: Speech Analysis
Humans communicate and read emotions in a number of ways: facial expressions, speech, gestures and more. Our vision is to develop artificial emotion intelligence – Emotion AI that can detect emotion just the way humans do, from multiple channels. Our long term goal is to develop a “Multi-modal Emotion AI”, that combines analysis of both face and speech to provide richer insight into the human expression of emotion.
As the first milestone towards our Multi-modal Emotion AI, we have now added speech capabilities to Emotion as a Service.
The speech capabilities allow you to analyze a pre-recorded audio segment, such as an MP3 file, to identify emotion events and gender. The API analyzes not what is said, but how it is said, observing changes in speech paralinguistics, tone, loudness, tempo, and voice quality to distinguish speech events, emotions, and gender. The initial set of metrics include:
- Laughing – The action or sound of laughing.
- Anger/Irritation – A strong expression of displeasure, hostility, irritation or frustration.
- Arousal – The degree of alertness, excitement, or engagement produced by the object’s of emotion.
- Gender – The human perception of gender expression (Male/Female).
The output file provides the analysis on speech events occurring in the audio segment every few hundred milliseconds and not just at the end of the entire utterance.
Note that since speech is still in beta, the Emotion as a Service visualization is only available for facial analysis at this point in time.
7 Emotions: Anger, Sadness, Disgust, Joy, Surprise, Fear and Contempt. 20 nuanced facial expressions (action units)
Upload digital content through the cloud-based UI and visualize the results online or download the .CSV or JSON files
Face tracking and head pose estimation including pitch, roll and yaw
Highly accurate results based on industry-leading patented science using the world's largest repository of emotion data
Metrics: Laughing, Anger/Irritation, Arousal, Gender
Pricing starts at $1.00 per video minute and $0.50 per audio minute