This position is on the Science team, the team tasked with creating and refining Affectiva’s AI / perception technology. We are a group of individuals with backgrounds in machine learning, computer vision, speech processing and affective computing. We are looking for great candidates who will contribute ideas, want to help shape the future of this space, and can execute ideas effectively and efficiently.
An exciting direction for Affectiva is the automotive market, where we are bringing our technology into next generation vehicles, including semi-autonomous and autonomous, to improve driver safety and enhance the user experience. To continuously innovate and expand our automotive solutions we are looking for a researcher with experience in building and deploying deep learning models in low footprint (embedded) environments. In this role, you will have an opportunity to develop technology that has never been built before and see your contributions deployed in millions of vehicles worldwide.
- Develop machine learning models for detecting occupants and estimating facial and vocal expressions of cognitive and emotions states human cognitive and emotion state estimation, defining the future of in-cabin sensing!
- Research and develop neural network models suitable for running in embedded environments
- Advance our model training infrastructure, enabling the team to parallelize experiments
- Explore new, low footprint techniques for image and speech tasks such as: emotion classification, voice activity detection, object detection, and action recognition
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Computer Science and Electrical Engineering.
- Strong development skills in Python and C/C++
- 3+ years experience working with machine learning in embedded applications: model quantization, fixed point neural networks (CNN and RNN)
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in Downtown Boston
- Competitive Benefits Package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- 401K Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
- Free Gym – On Site
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of Human Perception AI: software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex human emotional and cognitive states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s non-verbal signals, mental states, emotions and reactions, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 7M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one fourth of the Fortune Global 500 for advertising testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human states. And, in building new products that never existed before, we are disrupting billion dollar industries such a advertising and automotive.