Brands, advertisers and market researchers know that emotions influence consumer behavior. Understanding consumer emotional engagement with content and experiences, is key to creating the best marketing campaigns and optimizing media spend. Gathering quality emotion data is critical as it predicts key success metrics such as brand recall, sales lift, purchase intent and likelihood to share.
Affectiva Media Analytics solution is built using our industry-leading Emotion AI. Commonly known as “facial coding” in the marketing industry, our solution provides deep insight into unfiltered and unbiased consumer emotional responses to brand content. Based on this, brand owners can understand if their campaigns are working as intended, what makes them sing and how to create more effective edits.
How it Works
We are a technology provider to the marketing and content industry. Our AI is a critical component of your research methodology and easy to deploy.
All your research panelists need is internet connectivity and a standard web camera – it’s simple, easy and highly accurate. As viewers watch your stimulus, we measure their moment-by-moment facial expressions of emotion. The results are aggregated and displayed in an easy to use dashboard.
Our solution also provides norms that tie directly to outcomes such as brand recall, sales lift, purchase intent and virality. These norms help benchmark how your ads perform compared to those of your competitors – by geography, product category, media length and on repeat view. Unparalleled in the industry, these norms are built on the world’s largest emotion database.Affdex for Market Research – Norms
Leading marketing insights firms like Kantar, MediaCom and Unruly, and 1/4 of the Fortune Global 500, including 1,400 brands like Mars, Kellogg’s and CBS, use our Media Analytics solution to optimize content and media spend.
- Measures 7 emotions and 20 facial expressions; filter by demo and survey data.
- Seamlessly integrates with your survey and research methodology; works with any panel provider.
- Easy to use SaaS solution; all you need is a standard webcam and internet connectivity.
- Norms to benchmark the effectiveness of your content by geography, product category, media length and repeat view.
- Built using the world’s largest emotion database of 40,000 ads and more than 7.7 million faces analyzed in 87 countries.
“Facial coding is a powerful way to understand consumers’ unfiltered responses, and Affectiva’s market leading solution enables us to understand a wide range of emotional responses to marketing content.” – Graham Page, Managing Director of Offer and Innovation, Kantar Millward Brown
- Understanding Brand Purpose with Emotion AI
- Make Brand Decisions Based on How Customers Feel with Emotion AI
- Creativity is for life, not just for Christmas
- Authentic Empathy–How Marketers Should Respond to COVID-19
- Movie Trailers and Emotion: The Full Story
- Optimizing Advertising Effectiveness: The Peak-End Rule
- The Emotion Behind Your Conversation: Transforming the Online Qual Experience
Moment-by-moment emotion data can pinpoint viewer confusion and lack of engagement. This insight helps improve the story arch of an animatic or ad.
Identify the most emotionally engaging moments in longer TV ads so you can retain the most impactful parts when cutting down to shorter online ads.
Assess audience engagement with characters on TV shows and the interplay of characters – especially important when introducing new actors to a show.
Movie studios use emotion analytics to test different versions of a movie trailer, and use the most engaging moments in each to create the final cut.
Test final ads for emotional engagement to identify potential wear out. Direct your advertising dollars to the ads with the best emotional impact on repeat view.
Use emotion data to see if your audiences are emotionally engaged at the moment of brand reveal in an ad, and test the effectiveness of taglines and voice-overs.