Brands, advertisers and market researchers know that emotions influence consumer behavior. Understanding consumer emotional engagement with digital content, such as videos and ads, is key to creating the best ads and optimizing media spend. Gathering quality emotion data is critical as it predicts key success metrics such as brand recall, sales lift, purchase intent and likelihood to share.
Affdex for Market Research is a cloud-based solution that uses our patented emotion recognition software. Also known as “facial coding”, our solution provides deep insight into unfiltered and unbiased consumer emotional responses to digital content. All your panelists need is internet connectivity and a standard web camera – it’s simple, easy and highly accurate. As viewers watch your stimulus, Affdex for Market Research measures their moment-by-moment facial expressions of emotions. The results are aggregated and displayed in an easy to use dashboard.
Affdex for Market Research also provides norms that tie directly to outcomes such as brand recall, sales lift, purchase intent and virality. These norms help benchmark how your ads perform compared to those of your competitors – by geography, product category, media length and on repeat view. Unparalleled in the industry, these norms are built on the world’s largest emotion database.
Leading market research firms like Millward Brown, LRW, Added Value and Unruly, and 1/3 of the Fortune Global 100, including 1,400 brands like Mars, Kellogg’s and CBS, use Affdex for Market research to optimize content and media spend.
- Measures 7 emotions and 20 facial expressions; filter by demo and survey data.
- Seamlessly integrates with your survey and research methodology; works with any panel provider.
- Easy to use SaaS solution; all you need is a standard webcam and internet connectivity.
- Norms to benchmark the effectiveness of your content by geography, product category, media length and repeat view.
- Built using the world’s largest emotion database of 24,000 ads and more than 5 million faces analyzed in 75 countries.
“Facial coding is a powerful way to understand consumers’ unfiltered responses, and Affectiva’s market leading solution enables us to understand a wide range of emotional responses to marketing content.” – Graham Page, Executive Vice President & Head of Global Research Solutions, Kantar Millward Brown