You will be joining the Data Acquisition team in a full-time capacity for a minimum of 3 months, up to 6 months depending on project needs, to help execute data collection protocols. Collections are either in-lab or in a vehicle instrumented with a variety of cameras, audio equipment and other sensors. You will be facilitating successful completion of studies that involve interfacing directly with study participants (scheduling, logistical coordination, meeting and directing participants, verifying and capturing legal waivers and documentation, payouts, etc.) You may be asked to work non-traditional hours and weekends depending on deadlines and study specifics.
You’re a people person with fantastic communication skills and strong attention to details and safety. You have executed or designed detailed data capture protocols during your coursework or professional work. You are interested in working for a bleeding edge AI company that is focused on machine learning to solve complex problems.
- Any B.S. in a technology or scientific field (Computer Science, Psychology, Engineering, Biology, etc.)
- Current undergrads with 2+ years running or designing academic studies are welcome to apply
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Ability to work night and weekends
- Must be over 18 years old
Skills & Technologies:
- Excellent Communication
- Can execute on complex protocols and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Can work under tight deadlines
- Valid US Driver’s License w/clean driving record
- Fantastic Time Management Skills
- Ability to work independently without a lot of direct supervision
- Fast thinker and problem solver – you wont let minor disruptions slow you down
- Comfortable using a computer (Linux is a must, some Windows/Mac) and using Camera Equipment
- Video Editing Software Packages (Adobe, Corel, Pinnacle or similar) is a plus
Nice to have:
- Scripting in Python or Similar
- Some familiarity with Computer Vision services like AWS Rekognition API, Google Vision or Similar
- Have run a scientific study or equivalent in a professional or educational setting
- Routine, positive, “client” facing interactions
- Some A/V experience will be helpful
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time, Temporary position: Minimum of 3 months, up to 6 months.
- Position located in Downtown Boston but work may require travel to outlying neighborhoods/areas.
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.