Do you want to experience what it takes to be a Product Manager for disruptive technology? Are you interested in learning how to turn amazing Research & Science into version 1.0 products? Wondering what it’s really like to work for a startup?
We are looking for a product management intern that will assist with a wide variety of product management and product marketing related tasks.
Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of AI software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex cognitive and emotion states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s emotions and reactions states, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 6M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one third of the Fortune Global 100 for content testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and build products that disrupt billion dollar industries such as advertising and automotive.
As the part time product management intern you will collaborate closely with our lead product manager who owns our automotive solution and SDK. In your role you will also interact with other teams, including research, engineering and marketing. Responsibilities will vary from technical product management to marketing & communications, including: technical vetting of 3rd party vendor services that can be integrated into our solution, development of technical content (presentations, collateral), in-depth market research and competitive analysis, preparation of sales and marketing assets required for product launch.
You are results oriented and have stellar communication skills. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and always roll up your sleeves to just get stuff done. This is your opportunity to gain hands-on startup and product management experience.
The product intern position is part-time: up to 2-3 days in the Boston office, with a flexible schedule to accommodate classes. Apply by January 31st with an ideal start date of mid February.
- Conduct market research, identifying key trends, market needs and vendors
- Analyze and research third party technology services that can be integrated into our platform
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis
- Assist in developing content for automotive product: compelling use cases, demos, videos, and go to market collateral.
- Update SDK knowledgebase and manage discussion forum
- Assist in project managing client proof of concepts and pilots
- Analyze business data to help report on key performance indicators
- Collaborate with marketing on developing product assets and content, including technical specs, datasheets and client presentations.
- Work with the engineering team on the execution of the product roadmap and rollout of product features.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in computer science
- Progression toward and MBA or graduate degree
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in technology and Product Management
- Outstanding communication skills
- Familiarity with Python is a plus
- Extremely organized
- Pro user of MS Office
- Video editing and graphic design skills a plus
- Prior work experience in high tech is a plus