Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin off and pioneer of the new technology category Emotion AI (artificial emotional intelligence). In market with commercial products since 2010, Affectiva is now pursuing a very sizeable and exciting growth opportunity in automotive, where our automotive offering is transforming both driver and passenger vehicle experiences.
Affectiva Automotive AI is the first multi-modal, in-cabin AI sensing solution that can identify complex and nuanced emotional and cognitive states of a vehicle’s occupants from face and voice in real-time. Affectiva Automotive AI relies on Affectiva’s industry-leading Emotion AI technology, its database of 7 million faces analyzed in 87 countries, and large amounts of custom-developed deep learning architectures trained on naturalistic driver and passenger data. With this, Affectiva Automotive AI can perform accurately in real-world automotive environments and deliver comprehensive “people analytics” that offer a significant understanding of the people inside the vehicle.
Leading OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and technology providers are using Affectiva Automotive AI to build advanced driver monitoring systems (DMS) that can detect states like distracted and drowsy driving, as well as differentiated in-cabin experiences based on passenger moods and reactions. The result is not only safer and more enjoyable driving in semi and fully autonomous vehicles, but more relational, “human” and personal interactions between people and the vehicles they rely on daily basis.
Affectiva is hiring a Product Manager to own the Automotive AI runtime system. This position will lead the productization of Affectiva’s technology for automotive environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to create solutions never built before and shape the future of the automotive in cabin experience. If you thrive on building new products that have never existed before, if you get excited by creating solutions that solve challenging problems. If you like working in a fast-paced environment and rolling up your sleeves to get things done, then come speak to us!
- Drive creation of automotive-grade software that runs optimized deep-learning-based models
- Create core requirements based on stakeholder input and market feedback
- Act as product owner for Automotive engineering team delivering runtime
- Collaborate with OEM and Tier 1 suppliers on productization programs, including defining requirements and delivery
- Create processes, systems and tools to convert non-optimized deep-learning-based models into optimized versions for deployment in production automobiles
- Act as technical liaison for key OEM and Tier 1 clients and technology partners
- Collaborate closely with business development,support client calls
- Collaborate with marketing on messaging, positioning and marketing programs
- Present at key events and brief press and analysts
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a product manager
- B.Sc./B.A. in relevant degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience delivering software adhering to ISO 26262 standards
- Strong AI experience, ideally with computer vision products in automobiles
- Prior experience working with OEMs and Tier 1 automotive suppliers
- Familiarity with embedded technologies used in automobiles
- Demonstrated strong communication skills both externally and internally
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Consistent track record of delivering high-quality products to market
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to do market assessments and make market-driven recommendations
- Mastery of Agile/Scrum development process
- Full Time Position based in Boston, MA
- Competitive Benefits Package including Health, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Gym – On Site
- Conveniently located in downtown Boston with beautiful views of the city