This position is on the Science team, the team tasked with creating and refining Affectiva’s AI / perception technology. We are a group of individuals with backgrounds in machine learning, computer vision, speech processing and affective computing. We are looking for great candidates who will contribute ideas and want to help shape the future of this space, and can execute ideas effectively and efficiently.
As our research team grows, we are investing heavily in infrastructure to further scale our core machine learning infrastructure. We are looking to bring on-board an engineer who is passionate about machine learning and working on large scale systems to scale, accelerate and simplify the process of building, and deploying machine learning models built from large scale data.
- Work on improving core machine learning infrastructure; enabling faster and more efficient training of models
- Build machine learning workflows to implement cutting edge ideas on a distributed model training stack
- Fully automate existing machine learning workflows for model training and validation
- Collaborate with data infrastructure team to outline data access requirements
- 5+ years of experience working in backend software development in machine learning organizations
- Strong skills in Python 2 or 3, including concurrent programming
- Experience with Docker, cloud based infrastructure, distributed Tensorflow
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts: deep learning, model training, validation, data access patterns
- Strong Software Engineering skills: knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Nice to have:
- 2+ years of cloud experience using AWS (e.g., EC2, ECS, Batch, Lambda)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools (e.g., Jenkins, Travis)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in Downtown Boston
- Competitive Benefits Package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- 401K Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
- Free Gym – On Site
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of Human Perception AI: software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex human emotional and cognitive states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s non-verbal signals, mental states, emotions and reactions, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 7M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one fourth of the Fortune Global 500 for advertising testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human states. And, in building new products that never existed before, we are disrupting billion dollar industries such a advertising and automotive.