Responsibilities and Duties:
- Implement new automotive SDK features (such as detection of drowsiness and distraction) to meet automotive market and customer specific requirements to improve the safety, as well as the comfort, of the vehicle
- Through peer review and code, make the Affectiva runtime more efficient on embedded platforms
- Review performance benchmarking results, identify problem areas and address them
- Review and address issues found through static and dynamic analysis
- Analyze existing code base to identify opportunities to shrink the SDK footprint and implement solutions
- Peer review pull requests from teammates
- Ad hoc needs such as: create demos and sample applications, provide customer documentation, tier 2 customer support, etc.
- 5+ years of professional automotive software development
- 3+ years of professional C++ programming
- Experience in optimizing code to reduce size, memory/CPU utilization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with demonstrated success working in teams
- B. Sc. in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent experience
Other Useful Skills and Experience:
- Shipped at least one automotive product, including product deployment
- Programming experience in Python
- Exposure to Machine Learning and/or Computer Vision
- Demonstrated success working in engineering in fast-paced startups
Additional Information and Company Benefits:
- Full Time Position located in Downtown Boston
- Competitive Benefits Package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- 401K Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual Startup office culture, collaborative office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and lunch provided once a week
- Free Gym – On Site
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Affectiva is an MIT Media Lab spin-off and the leading provider of Human Perception AI: software that analyzes facial and vocal expressions to identify complex human emotional and cognitive states. Our vision is that technology needs to be able to sense, adapt and respond to people’s non-verbal signals, mental states, emotions and reactions, just the way humans do. We are humanizing technology!
Our patented AI software uses machine learning, deep learning, computer vision and speech science. Affectiva has built the world’s largest emotion data repository with over 7M faces analyzed in 87 countries. Affectiva is used by one fourth of the Fortune Global 500 for advertising testing and is now working with leading automotive OEMs and Tier 1s on next generation driver state monitoring and in-cabin mood sensing.
As you can imagine, such an ambitious vision takes a great team with a strong desire to explore and innovate. We are growing our team to improve and expand our core technologies and help solve many unique and interesting problems focused around sensing, understanding and adapting to human states. And, in building new products that never existed before, we are disrupting billion dollar industries such a advertising and automotive.